DESIGNATION: Assistant Professor (EEE) & NSS Co-ordinator.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- 1. Understand the community in which they work
- 2. Understand themselves in relation to their community
- 3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- 4. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- 5. Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- 6. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- 7. Gain skills in mobilising community participation
- 8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- 9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- 10. Practise national integration and social harmony
Activities by NSS during the year 2014-2015
Tirupattur , November 28: Cleanliness drives under ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ marked the celebrations of 145th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhiji Podhigai College of Engineering &Technology pledged to keep its Government Hospital Tirupattur clean, as a part of ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ initiative of the Government of India. The Principal, Prof Dr.P.Lawrence asked the, faculty, staff, and students present to take a pledge to keep the Government Hospital Tirupattur , its neighbourhood clean. Chairman and Secretary of the then initiated the cleaning campaign of the campus area with brooms and by removing the weeds. N.JANARDHANAN coordinated the programme.
NSS SPECIAL CAMP