Youth Red Cross
Name : V.PRAKASH
DESIGNATION: Assistant Professor (ECE) & YRC CO-ORDINATOR.
Youth Red Cross (YRC) Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a network of over 700 branches throughout the country. The seven fundamental principles of YRC are
7.Unity and Universality.
All the students are the members of this society. The society focuses to promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living, to encourage community service through training and education and to promote technical support for the development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources.
The YRC society of the College has the following objectives
•To inculcate an awareness especially in relation to the care of their own health and that of others
•To understand and acceptance of civic and human responsibilities
•To cultivation and maintenance of a spirit of service and helpfulness to others
The programme is as possible include something under each of the following heads:
1.Relief work during emergencies like fire, flood and other natural calamities.
2.promotion of Health and Hygience.
• Practice of Health habits.
• Cleanliness of college premises, their own places and outside
• Preparation of health poster and mottos.
• Prepaganda on health and cleanliness in Village, Slums & Towns by organising propaganda parties, Processions, drams etc.,
• Co-operation with the State parent body and other medical check-up camps at slums, villages and in other need places.
• Co-operation with public, Health Department in anti-epedimic measures, village sanitation etc.
• Exhibition of film shows, cultural programmes and prevention of diseases.
• Conduct Essay competition and award prizes.
If the fire is removed from these activities, everything will come to standstill. If proper attention and care is not exercised, then the fire becomes our vicious enemy. Every day, we witness front page news of fire accidents of difference magnitudes in the news papers which is self explanatory story of our ignorance and callousness attitude towards fire prevention and safety education.